Tryouts for 2020 teams will begin in mid-August for 15U, and early September for all other teams. This page will be updated as tryout dates are confirmed!! Stay tuned
Notes about tryouts: each year in August/September/October, players have the opportunity to tryout for Elite, Rep and Select programs. Each of these programs offers a more competitive level of baseball, beginning with Select and reaching Elite, and have limited space. Players are selected based on skill to represent Clarington as “Orioles”. The registration fee for tryouts is good for all levels (Elite, Rep and Select) and teams.
To get the most from tryouts:
- Attend all tryout dates for a team that you can – this provides the most opportunity for a player to demonstrate their skills.
- Attend tryouts beginning with the highest level of baseball based on the players age (e.g. start at Rep Tier 1 for Mosquito, then Tier 2, then Select) to provide the most exposure for the player and ‘practice’ for how tryouts are organized and run.
- If you are released from a team, proceed to the tryout for the next lower level.
- If you are not selected for any of the teams, keep practicing, keep developing and try again for the following season…a lot of development and growth can occur in a season.
Do you live outside the Municipality of Clarington?
To attend a tryout for a Clarington team, you must first receive a ‘Release’ from the baseball club in your local area. You may register for a tryout in advance, but will NOT be permitted on the field unless you are able to provide your Release.
2020 Team Tryout Dates:
- Wednesday Aug 21, 2019 – Clarington Fields North West – 6:30pm to 9:00pm
- Sunday Aug 25, 2019 – Clarington Fields North West – 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Wednesday Sept 4, 2019 – Clarington Fields North West – 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Saturday Sept 7, 2019 – Clarington Fields North West – 4:00pm to 6:00pm
- Sunday Sept 8, 2019 – Clarington Fields North West – 10:00am to 12:00pm