In response to the COVID-19 situation, last night more than 175 representatives from local, affiliate and other affected groups met with Baseball Ontario for a virtual town hall to discuss the current status.
In summary, we are pleased to share that Ed Quinlan, President of Baseball Ontario, communicated that Baseball Ontario is continuing to plan and prepare for the 2020 season, even if that means a late start/end or a condensed season. Ontario Baseball is being agile and flexible in order to see this happen.
As communicated via social media yesterday, the safety of players, officials, coaches, volunteers, families and other spectators continues to be of utmost importance, and we, along with Baseball Ontario will continue to follow the direction as set out by our federal, provincial and municipal governments.
Below are a few highlights we feel are important for you to know.
- Registrations will continue as usual (should the season be cancelled, a full refund of player registrations fees will be issued);
- Coaching and umpire certifications will continue and be offered online;
- Ontario Baseball has implemented a Safe Sport Committee and they will be making recommendations on best practices for the safety of players, officials and equipment moving forward;
- Once given the green light to proceed from the government, associations could take 2-3 weeks to prepare for official gameplay (which is why registrations should continue as usual).
- In the event of unexpected financial hardship, families are asked to contact in confidence the CBA Registrar at registrar@claringtonbaseball.
cato request alternate arrangements.
Clarington Baseball dates and deadlines for registration are as follows:
- House League registrations will close April 22, 2020 (any cancellations after this date will be charged a $25 fee)
- Rep and Select player registration fees are due to their teams on or before April 30, 2020
We will be proactive in informing our players, coaches, and baseball families on all upcoming protocols and required actions as they become available. We thank you for your patience and support during these unsettling times. Please be safe, and we look forward to seeing you all on the diamond soon.